Different Than The Others
Norfolk Iron & Metal is one of the nation’s largest steel providers. We process and distribute a wide range of products like structural steel, plate, sheet, tube, and more.
Norfolk Iron & Metal has been a family-run business for more than a century. What started as a hide and scrap metal company in 1908 has evolved into one of the industry’s largest and most technologically advanced steel providers.
In December 2018, Norfolk Iron & Metal acquired Metalwest and in December 2020, Cd’A Metals was added to the Norfolk Iron family. All these companies combined to make Norfolk Iron & Metal what it is today. With locations across the U.S., we’re able to stay true to what got us here: quality products and outstanding customer service.
Our Core Values:
- Carry yourself like a pro
- Represent our company professionally to the best of your ability. Treat our customers, coworkers, suppliers, and communities with the respect that they deserve. Adversity is met head on and worked through in a positive manner.
- Celebrate success, but what’s next?
- We are never fully satisfied. We will compete and win. We will celebrate the win while looking to our next challenge and opportunity. We are relentless in our pursuit of improvement and success. Always looking to the future.
- Empowerment for the path from A to B
- Make the best decisions to accomplish our goals. Team members are expected to work within our values and culture to meet our customers’ expectations.
- Accountability to the standard
- With empowerment comes accountability. Our customers have high expectations, and it is our responsibility to meet them.
- Decisions with a long-term time horizon
- We intend to continue to grow the company long into the future and we want decisions made with that long-term horizon in mind. We want to capitalize on short-term opportunities, but never lose sight of the big picture.
Meet our leadership team:
- Richard Robinson, chairman & CEO
- Arnie Robinson, president & COO
- Jeff Robinson, executive vice president & CCO
- Brad Noel, executive vice president & CFO
- Mike Bamsey, executive vice president
We are a proud member of the Metal Service Center Institute (MSCI)—the industry trade organization for metal service centers. This membership helps us keep up to date with the constant industry changes to ensure our customers are receiving the best possible product and service.